Thursday, March 11, 2010

Crazy day

Well, today was very hectic! Staci had her previous mockboard patient that needed to be finished and I happened to need 2 exam Quads of a Class II so I said that I'd see her so Staci could schedule her class III patient. Well since she was only 2 quads I scheduled a patient at 9:30 also. Well, as of 9:10 I had no patients and couldn't get a hold of either one! Well, at 9:15 my 1st patient came. Her ride didn't come so she took the bus to get here! Talk about dedication! So I got her numb and told her I'd start, but becuase I had a patient coming in 15 minutes I probably couldn't finishe her today. At 9:30 I had finished her UL quad and told her that if my patient didn't come that was scheduled that I'd finish her. So I went to the other op and set up for my next patient so I didn't have to excuse my first one. Well, by 9:45 my 2nd patient wasn't there so I got my 1st patient numb and finished her up. So I got 2 exam quads and my LA PE done!! Great morning!
The afternoon was also crazy! 3 months ago I had scheduled a patient to come back for a recall appt but I couldn't get a hold of him. So I assumed that he wasn't coming. I also was seeing 1 quad of Alisha's Class IV patient for her. So I seated my Class IV patient (who spoke chinese only!) and the told me that my recall patient was here. OOPS!!! Well, luckily Staci's patient hadn't come so we worked it out so she'd see him. Staci's patient that no-showed was a class III so she was really bummed. Well, my patient she saw for me was a class III. I finished my quad of Class IV in an hour and Staci only needed 2 Quads of class III so she asked if I could finish him and get 2 Quads also! It was nuts!

0 comments: